POEMS & POETRY
Poetry is a means of communication, poems about life can describe how we are feeling or express our hopes and dreams for the future.
Poetry, prayer and and meditation stimulate the brain's left hemisphere, which is responsible for creativity.
Poems can be used in cards to express our love for a person on a special day such as a birthday, anniversary, or on Valentine's Day. In speeches, for example at a graduation ceremony, where the speaker hopes to inspire and motivate new grads to go out into the world and be the best they can be, or at a funeral or memorial service when poems can express the pain we feel at times of sadness when the right words are hard to find...
Poems About Life
The power of poetry is in the words that we want to say but cannot.
Poems are written to express the desires of our heart.
Poetry can lift our spirits in a way that barely seems possible.
Here you can find free POEMS for your special occasion or person.
A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom ~ Robert Frost
There are many different styles of poetry including ballads, rhymes, sonnets, and verse.
Do you believe you have the creative writing skills to write your own poetry? We have included on this website some advice on how to get started writing your own poetry and links to other websites for creative writing courses, and poetry competitions, or you can submit your own poem to our website and we will include it on the appropriate page.
Poem Categories on the left will narrow your poem search to special occasions, that will help you find the appropriate poem or quote for your needs or you can click on the links below to enjoy our recent additions to Poem4Today.
We have hand picked some of our favorite poems, hopefully you will enjoy them too!
A Selection of our Most Popular Poems
- Christmas Poem: Christmas Past NEW
- Santa Poem: Santa and the Reindeer NEW
- New Year Poem - The Year
- Halloween Poem - The Night of Halloween NEW
- Mother's Day - Your Love is a Beautiful Gift
- A Funny Mothers Prayer
- Easter Poem: Resurrection, The Easter Story
- Spring Poem: Spring Garden
- Christian Poem - Today's Prayer
- Memorial Poems - Bless You NEW
- Valentine's Day Poem - A Valentine Prayer
- Love Poem - Love NEW
- Encouragement Poem: Storms Bring Out Eagles
- Friendship Poem - True Friendship NEW
- Father's Day Poem - In Memory of My Dad
- Baby Footprint Poem: Someday
- Thanksgiving Poem - Thanksgiving NEW
- Fathers Day Prayers
- Appreciation Poem: The Gift of Time
- Winter Poem - A Winter Night
- Funeral Poem - Rejoice NEW
- Thank You Poem - You Brighten My World
- Inspirational Poem - Smiling
- Encouraging Poem - The Bend in the Road
- Friendship Prayer - Christ in Friendship NEW
- Memorial Poem: The Poppy
- Summer Poem - In Summer
- Fathers Day Quotes
- Christening Poem: A Chosen Child
- Footprints Poem: My Footprints
- Teacher Poem: Teacher Appreciation
- Nature Poem: The Four Seasons
- Autumn Poems - Autumn
- Baby Handprint Poem: My Little Hands
Some of my favorite poetry is by Christina Rossetti, who wrote with passion and clarity.
Find Your Favorite Poems:
Whatever you're looking for, just click on the links below for your favorite poems or on the navigation bar to the left for more free poems.
If you enjoy writing poetry and want to have your poems published for free you can join poetrypoem.com the World's Poetry Social Network.
I've also included a prayer and blessing for mother's day and father's day as many church leaders choose to read something out on these special days.
Just click on the links to view your chosen free poems.
We've recently added some quotes and sayings as people were looking for these in addition to poetry.
Please feel free to submit your favorite poem or any other poetry ideas that you would like to see on this site.
Thanks for visiting, Poem for Today
Poem4Today Recommended Sites:
Search for dresses for Prom, party and evening wear, fashion tips and advice.
Inspiring and Motivational Quotes
Baby shower, Birthday, Bridal Shower, Christening, Christmas, for your Daughter, Mother, Father or Son, Wedding, Easter, Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Friendship, Funeral, Eulogy, Memorial, Graduation, Inspirational, Encouragement, Retirement, Love, New Year, Spring & Autumn, Valentine's Day.
Extensive assisted living resource for all your over 50 needs. Including retirement advice, pension and finance advice, health and wellbeing, travel offers, leisure, mobility aids, helpful organizations, articles of interest, nostalgic memories & original gifts